A Catholic Monthly Magazine

Tag Archive for ‘Devie’

The Town of Belley in the Early History of the Society of Mary

Part 2 of 2 The Cathedral and Bishop Devie Work began on the Cathedral in the 12th century, the builders added a lofty Gothic chancel in the 1400s, and in 1835 the transformation into its present form began. In 1851 it was complete. For such a small town, it was an enormous building. Bishop Devie‚Äôs […]